Added Oct 21, 2012
I’m a BIG fan of TV series (especially HBO) and I love old school gangster movies which the action takes place during prohibition, roaring 20’s… So, Boardwalk empire fascinates me! I love the look of Nucky Thompson, his cynicism, his three piece suits, his stiff collars and of course the choice of printed fabrics who are fabulous! When I found this piece of old fabric I thought Nucky could wear it ! I had just enough fabric to make an underbust…
- this is a two layers corset ; external layer is wool and lining is heavy cotton.- there is no waist tape
- for the front closure I used heavy duty hooks and eyes
- the bone casing are external and sewn in grosgrain ribbon
- there is 16 bones; 2 flat steel bones at front and back closure and 12 spiral bones over each seam.
- I used a vinyl binding tape, its cute but it’s a real pain to sew properly…
I’ve uploaded my pattern on my blog, you can use it if you have the same measurement than I or adjust it. http://venefice.blogspot.fr/2012/10/the-nucky-thompson-corset_21.html
cotton, wool, vinyl, grosgrain, bones
The style is cool and sporty beach wear that can be worn anywhere!
Pattern of the Week
This pencil skirt is perfect for everyday wear! We love it in floral.
This collection will make you shine in front of the camera!
Member Project of the Week
Get inspired by this lovely coral dress with ties and bows!
DIY to Try
Make yourself a lovely hair band this spring!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.