Added Oct 21, 2012
I’m a BIG fan of TV series (especially HBO) and I love old school gangster movies which the action takes place during prohibition, roaring 20’s… So, Boardwalk empire fascinates me! I love the look of Nucky Thompson, his cynicism, his three piece suits, his stiff collars and of course the choice of printed fabrics who are fabulous! When I found this piece of old fabric I thought Nucky could wear it ! I had just enough fabric to make an underbust…
- this is a two layers corset ; external layer is wool and lining is heavy cotton.- there is no waist tape
- for the front closure I used heavy duty hooks and eyes
- the bone casing are external and sewn in grosgrain ribbon
- there is 16 bones; 2 flat steel bones at front and back closure and 12 spiral bones over each seam.
- I used a vinyl binding tape, its cute but it’s a real pain to sew properly…
I’ve uploaded my pattern on my blog, you can use it if you have the same measurement than I or adjust it. http://venefice.blogspot.fr/2012/10/the-nucky-thompson-corset_21.html
cotton, wool, vinyl, grosgrain, bones
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
Stock up on our favorite BurdaStyle patterns sewn in white!
Learn How to Sew Knits Successfully With a Sewing Machine
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.