Added Jun 18, 2008
My Kasia skirt from the sew along. The only modifications I made were making a “real” slit in the back and lining the skirt.
The main fabric is a Millworth lightweight twill found at a thrift store. This had been the fabric in my stash that I had been saving for something special. The solid aqua fabric is from an XXL shirt (thrift store, again!) and has some stretch to it. I used this for the hip panels and the front zipper panel. It makes the skirt extra comfortable!
Burdastyle and Kasia for the pattern
Leena’s.com for the back slit instructions
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.