Added Aug 27, 2009
I used Simplicity 2959 as my base and modified it by adding a layer of organza on top of the dress. I also cut the bodice pieces extra wide so that the bodice would be more tightly ruched. In the process I made 2 full muslins and hand sewed a LOT – including hand-rolling the hems of the tie pieces. I experimented with both plastic and spiral steel boning, added a waist stay and sewed horsehair braid into the hem to stiffen it. Suffice it to say I learned a lot in the process, but in the end, it was truly a labor of love and I felt so special in it. A perfect dress for a perfect day.
Photo credit goes to our amazing photographer, Monica Michelle.
silk taffeta, silk organza as an underlining and as an overlay, silk chiffon for the bodice, tulle and bemberg lining.
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.