Added Apr 16, 2013
I messed up my New Year’s resolution not to buy more fabric unless I had made 2 projects from stash fabric when I went to the stitching show at the NEC in Birmingham at the end of March. I didn’t buy an awful lot, but I bought more than I needed! The only way to redeem this is to get it made up – quickly, before it joins the stash!
This John Kaldor print cotton was spotted by Daughter no2 who fancied a dress from a 1970’s Simplicity pattern (8777). The pattern is pretty simple, a little shirt-dress with optional sleeves, which she optioned out of. We shortened the dress by 10cm and took in quite a bit on the sides and shaped the centre back a little more to give it some shape. The result is a dress she really loves, and I can see will be used a lot in the (hopefully) coming summer. The buttons were from my stash.