Montague & Cape-ulet
Added Oct 11, 2012
So I felt pretty slack for posting lots of summery pics whilst you northern hemespherians are moving into Autumn, so here is my cape that I made in MY autumn that is based off Burdastyle pattern – Lindsey #6055
I used a dark forest green corduroy for the outside and matching green gingham for the inside lining. This is the second time I have ever actually used lining and I used plain cotton, which isn’t actually very good for lining as it doesn’t move over my clothes easily or hang very well. But, it is very warm!
I closed the cape with wooden toggles which don’t actually allow the cape to close tightly, so I added hooks and eyes on the inside to keep the cape all together.
I did wear this cape quite a bit during winter, but its not my favourite creation. Mainly because I’m constantly adjusting the way it sits on me and the pockets are too small.
(BTW – Project number 50!!!)
see more at my blog Sewing The 60s
Corduroy and Cotton Gingham