Added Jan 20, 2012
by lisa g
i fell in love with colette patterns macaron dress the minute i saw it. it’s been on my radar for a while and i’m super excited that i finally got it made up!
i used 6.5 oz denim for the main body and a white cotton voile (lightly polka dotted, you only notice it up close) for the yolk contrast. i did make two changes to the pattern. first, i converted the bust and waist dart to a princess seam and added a button and loop closure in the back. i thought the neckline might be a little snug to get over my head (i have issues wiggling out of side zip dresses) so i did this for extra insurance in case i got stuck! also for a couple minor changes— the pattern calls for facings at the neckline, but since i was using a semi-sheer i opted for a bias tape facing and a very narrow facing for the edge of the sleeves. lastly, the pattern doesn’t call for a lining, but i added a red lining (bemberg rayon) just under the denim parts. definitely makes for a cleaner finish on the inside!
for more construction details, please visit my blog! notes from a mad housewife
shell: 6.5 oz denim, cotton voile. lining: bemberg rayon
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
Fashion & Trends
See 3 dresses in new prints perfect for this season's transitional weather, plus a chance to win!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
See what pattern Meg is "mashing up" and see how you can easily sew along too!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.