Added Sep 22, 2009
BWOF 08/2009 #119 With alterations.
Boy, this one was a LOT of work!
This is a petite pattern, so I had to lengthen it by 2,5cm.
I am glad I made a muslin for this jacket before cutting the fashion fabric. The overall fit was fine, but the neckline/collar was too wide for my liking. I think that was the design of the jacket, not some flaw in pattern, but I prefer a mandarin collar that doesn’t gap from my tiny neck. Hence, I closed the neckline a bit, and I had to redraft a collar to fit the new neckline shape.
You can see my alterations on pattern images.
The fabric I used is some kind of cotton velour. It is very stiff and I had to stay stitch by hand all the seam allowances to prevent them making bulk under lining. It took me few nights to finish the hand sewing (10 seams x 2 seam allowances = 20 lines of hand stitching!).
I made a coat and a jacket in a row. That was a lot of work! I think I’ll continue with some easier projects, to give me some break ;-)
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
Fashion & Trends
See a few of our favorite looks, and the Burda patterns we're inspired to make!
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.