Added Oct 5, 2011
This was a fun and relatively easy project to get stuck into.
1) I stood in my pants and bra while my best friend Amy wrapped me in cling-film (shrink-wrap).
2) My friend and my 4 and a half year old son, Seth, then covered me from neck to thighs in a thin layer of papier mache.
3) I then stood completely still for a very uncomfortable hour while Amy dried me off with the hairdryer.
4) When I was dry she cut straight up the back of the mold and repaired the cut with more papier mache.
5) To keep the mold’s shape I stuffed it lightly with the stuffing from a single duvet I didn’t need and left it over night to dry.
6) When completely dry in painted the whole thing with a really tough, hard wearing gloss paint.
7) My neighbour threw out a tall, freestanding lamp so I nabbed it from the bin-shed and I gave it a new home. I took off the shade and mounted my bright red torso on the stand (keeping it in place in the neck with expanding foam).
8) Lastly I re-stuffed the mold with lots and lots of duvet stuffing untill it was solid enough to hold fabric with pins.
And there you have a completely free, made to measure, recycled and environmentally friendly dressmakers form.
Cling-film, wallpaper paste, old newspapers, hair dryer, scissors, old duvet, gloss paint, tall, freestanding lamp.
Check out Denise's new video and find out why you should sign up now!
Why you should wear clothing made to fit YOU! (In GIF's)
4 Week Online Course
Use Coupon Code: KNITS15 and Register for only $49.99!
Fashion & Trends
Vacation planned for the winter? Sew up these style to take away with you and also get 20% off!
We have just extended registration to accommodate a few more students
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.