Added Oct 2, 2011
A laundry story again.A family vacation with the kids caused chocolate milk spots on the left bust area of my new “biblical dress”.It was made of white linen and I made it only a few months ago….The dress was given by mistake to the Kibbutz laundry place instead of dry cleaning.the dress came back with little holes in the back….
I tried sewing on the stains butterflies and sewn the holes but the dress seemed to fall apart until there was a big tear in the back.
I decided to cut it in the bust area,just a little below the bust line,ans attached a new fabric I bought in the local fabric shop.The new fabric is a very light and airy one,and suits my blown-up condition.A big red velvet ribbon helped connecting the red flowers to the rest of the dress and added color.
I also made an attached shawl-but didn’t have its picture yet.
The spots you see are actually water from the next jacuzzi.
White linen,Thin khaki wrinkeled cotton,Red velvet ribbon,Metalic butterflies
Check out these festive sewing patterns just in time for Oktoberfest
Fashion & Trends
All the fall trouser sewing inspiration you need.
Pattern of the Week
This jacket is a mix of mod and military and will change the look of any outfit!
Go far afield in this collection of bib dresses, waistcoats, and wool jackets in textured fall fabri
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this jean alteration technique and find out how you can learn more!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.