Added Oct 19, 2011
Red Queen Halloween Costume – made with real playing cards even!
Some techiniques I used:
-The topskirt has scalloped edges
-The top hat was folded into an accordion cone shape and hot glued to brim (I used my black fashion fabric to hide the seam)
-The cards were machine stitched in rows, with the top row covering the one below it. I made two front sides then connected them at the center front. Since the topskirt covers the back of the Card underskirt , I just made it out of gathered golden tulle, so it was easy to get on and off.
brocade, playing cards, misc trims, flowers
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 2
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.