Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for myself.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a green silk troncated hennin with false gem and black veil
- a green kirtle cutted in a bed sheet with golden thread details
- a golden taffetas opened cotehardie with yellow silk tippets
- a tapestry belt with metal ornaments
I used these great books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see the costume of my Lord/boyfriend here :
Silk, cotton, taffetas, golden thread
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
As an early special Black Friday promotion you can now enroll in the course ($80 value) for $49.99!
Sewing & Techniques
Learn how to use your bodice sloper to draft this popular collar style
What Burda Academy Course is Right for Your Sewing Style?
Pattern of the Week
This is a quintessential ladylike coat with turned down shawl collar and fit and flare silhouette.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.