Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for myself.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a green silk troncated hennin with false gem and black veil
- a green kirtle cutted in a bed sheet with golden thread details
- a golden taffetas opened cotehardie with yellow silk tippets
- a tapestry belt with metal ornaments
I used these great books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see the costume of my Lord/boyfriend here :
Silk, cotton, taffetas, golden thread
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Check out Meg's latest mash up and see other BurdaStyle member's variations!
Sporty dresses, oversized cardigans, and easy tops in jersey and knits.
Pattern of the Week
This boho lace top is the perfect piece to start wearing this time of year.
NEW on BurdaStyle Videos!
Becky MacKinnon will guide you through each step of sewing the stylish BurdaStyle Crossover Pant
How to Grow Your Creative Business: Expand Your Portfolio and Reach a New Market
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.