Added Oct 23, 2011
Austin, Texas, U...
Front is simply a pillow form, filled with fiberfill; faced arm and face holes; I used sticky spray to attach the face pieces made out of felt; then zig zag sewed them to stay on forever! In facing the holes, I used fusible interfacing, that way when I graded the seams, and turned in & under-stitched, I ironed down the facing inside; but I also used a piece of muslin, as you can see from pic, and so I tacked that down. My thought was that the cotton muslin would feel better on the cheeks than the interfacing. Perhaps not, but I was in CREATE mode at the time. You know the feeling.
Broadcloth and muslin. I literally used my stash to create angry bird costumes for Halloween this year. Did have to purchase about 10 bags of fiber-fill; but w/coupons, didn’t pay over $12. So, all in all, I’ve made 3 and it has only cost me $15 out of my pocket. I’m happy!
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.