Added Aug 1, 2014
Nedre Vats, Norway
I wanted to make a special bodice and made different drawings, but came up with a new idea to make an applique jewelry instead.. I found this “Japanese” cotton in my stash and made circles with a glass and appliqued these on the front, and I chose to use lilac embroidery tread for this. Since this cotton voile are transparent I had to use lining for the bodice. I thought the bodice was a bit short for me and decided to make a peplum, and I used pattern #115 Burda 08/2013 for the pleated peplum. I made a invisible zipper at the left side, but also I had to make buttons at the back of the neck, so I could easily take it on.
For the pants I made a drawing of waves and appliqued these on the front and back parts, and I used an invisible zipper at the left side. This was a fun challenge for me ;-)
Cotton voile with pint / cotton voile for lining for bodice – satin with stretch / cotton twill with stretch for pants.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.