1940s New Years Day Dress
Added Jan 1, 2012
After learning of a vintage local event planned for New Years Day I decided to sew a dress for the occasion. I used a vintage pattern, Simplicity 4867.
The construction was fairly easy although I had to re- sew the yoke a few times (due to not reading instructions properly). The sleeves were originally set in but I decided to gather. I’ve had a cold for the past week and couldn’t bear trying to set them in.
Didn’t do a muslin and fit looks fine. I took an extra 5/8" from side seams.
I used a navy linen blend from my stash and I think it stays relatively true to the modesty of the 40s. Buttons are from my stash too.