Added Jul 31, 2010
This is a pattern from “Deutsche Moden-Zeitung” from 1935. It was a few sizes too big, otherwise I made no changes. It included lots of hand-sewing, because I don’t have an overlock machine. It’s a very soft, loosely knit cotton fabric, with a touch of metallic red in the stripes. It was on sale, how lucky is that?! I don’t know yet if I should add the buttons on that “fake collar” or not. What do you think? Red or white? Or something different? The illustration looks like it’s a bit longer on her, and I think I would have preferred it that way. Unfortunately, I have no more fabric… Oh well, it works this way, too, and has potential to be my favorite piece of clothing for a while anyway.
Oh, and yes of course I am making that linen dress that goes with it! In the illustration it is the one on the very left, as well as on the very right. It shall be finished and posted soon… :-)
I took a picture of the pattern “map” – just to show you. It is a pain copying those patterns, that might be the most time-consuming part about making these vintage clothes!
Cotton knit – I think it might have a tiny amount of “elasthan” in it, and the metallic thread of course.
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.