Making Wool Long Coat #101B, and I am REALLY having a hard time understanding the assembly described in the directions…..I have made a notch collar with a regular 2 piece collar, but this has a stand and it tells you to cut open the dart before sewing so that the entire collar seam and dart can be sewing as one continuous seam.
I have been sewing over 15 years now and I am really stumped on how to manage these two….thinking of giving up on the stand and re-drafting the collar to go without it, I have seen many tutorials on how to do the notched collar, but none with the stand, and none with the dart under the lapel. Anyone have advice on this or similar Burda patterns?? Do you have visual aides???

Capture_large

2 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Image_large

Nov 3, 2013, 11.31 PMby hanolalaith

I am wondering the same thing, as I work on the biker jacket 135. Everything else has come together beautifully, but this collar is giving me fits! Did you find a good resource?

• Kdjerusalem_loosehair_big_smile_large

Dec 6, 2013, 10.13 AMby FabricKate

Hello. I am struggling a bit with Wool Long Coat #101B too. Unlike ANR I dont think the problem is the stand particularly. It is a bit unusual and the instructions are very brief. I agree it would help alot to have diagrams on this occasion.

I have spent quite a long time thinking about it, and I believe the key is to use the slashed dart to take up the slack, so to speak, in order to draw the collar and lapel close together. I will be finishing the coat over the weekend, so I will write it up if it works.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/long-coat-101b-how-to-sew-notch-collar-with-stand--2