BurdaStyle Vintage Modern Sewing Contest Official Rules
BurdaStyle Vintage Modern Sewing Contest Official Rules
[1/28/2013 UPDATE: SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED ONE WEEK TO 2/15/2013]
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions apply. You need not be present to win.
The Contest: From January 7, 2013 through February 15, 2013 BurdaStyle, Inc. will promote, by means of the BurdaStyle.com blog, the opportunity to submit entries to win a grand prize as detailed below.
Eligibility: Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for BurdaStyle, Inc. or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest or supplying the prize, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or play. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, stepparents, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months in one calendar year.
1. How to Enter: All entries must be uploaded into your member Project studio during the promotion period to be eligible for consideration for acceptance. Upload project with the phrase “BurdaStyle Sewing Vintage Modern Contest 2013” included in the project title on or before February 15, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST. All contest entries become the property of BurdaStyle, Inc. and may be used by BurdaStyle, Inc. for any purpose and in any media in perpetuity.
Option One: Make a creation using one or more master pattern(s) from the BurdaStyle Sewing Vintage Modern book.
Option Two: Create one or more variation project(s) featured in the BurdaStyle Sewing Vintage Modern book, which are based on the master patterns featured in the book.
Option Three: Create your own variation project using one or more master pattern(s) and/or variation project(s) from the BurdaStyle Sewing Vintage Modern book.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account provided associated with the BurdaStyle username, and proof of being the authorized account holder may be required and the decision of BurdaStyle, Inc. will be final. Entries not containing a valid email address will be disqualified. Proof of sending an email or postal mail is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by BurdaStyle, Inc. of such entry. BurdaStyle, Inc. is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected entries that are not received in a timely manner, or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error, or due to inaccessibility of the Internet or portions thereof.
2. Privacy: Information provided to enter the Contest will not be sold to third parties.
3. Automated Entries Prohibited: No mechanically reproduced, incomplete, forged, software generated or automated multiple entries will be accepted.
4. Submission Selection: Winners will be declared by BurdaStyle, Inc. through either internal jury or voting via members depending on specified rules at beginning of the promotion period. All decisions of BurdaStyle, Inc. are final and binding. The winners will be notified by email within five days of their selection. The winner will have seven days from the time email notification was sent to them to accept the prize, which acceptance shall be given by email to answers@BurdaStyle.com. BurdaStyle, Inc. shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received or read by a potential winner for any reason. BurdaStyle, Inc. is not responsible and shall not be liable for any late, lost or misdirected notification, or for a winner’s efforts to claim a prize. If for any reason a potential winner cannot be reached despite reasonable efforts by BurdaStyle, Inc., or a prize is not accepted within seven days of the first notification attempt made by BurdaStyle, Inc., or the potential winner is found to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Rules, that potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and BurdaStyle, Inc. will select a winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
5. Chosen Submissions: Chosen submissions will be awarded the prize as specified in contest description.
6. General Submission Acceptance Conditions: Prizes are not transferable and not assignable. The winner shall be solely responsible for all taxes and fees or costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any federal or state or other income tax.
7. Release: Acceptance of a prize constitutes the prizewinner’s permission for BurdaStyle, Inc. to use prizewinner’s name for advertising and/or promotional purposes worldwide and in all forms of media in perpetuity without further compensation or authorization. In addition, acceptance of a prize constitutes the prizewinner’s permission and consent for BurdaStyle, Inc. to reproduce, publish, distribute, prepare derivative works of, sell, or otherwise use or make commercial use of any images submitted by the prizewinner in connection with his or her entry into the Contest, which permission and consent shall be irrevocable and subsist in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization. Entrants agree that BurdaStyle, Inc. and its affiliates, and their officers, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Sponsoring Entities”), shall not be responsible for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or from entrants’ acceptance or receipt of any prize. BurdaStyle, Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or who otherwise takes actions that do or are intended to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest.
8. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York without regard to the choice of law provisions thereof.
All entries must be received on or before February 15, 2013 by 11:59 PM EST. The winner selection will be held from February 19, 2013 to February 24, 2013 5:00 PM EST. Decision of the judges and BurdaStyle, Inc. is final. The grand prize winner will be notified by email and must meet all eligibility requirements.
By entering, each contestant agrees to be bound by the rules. BurdaStyle, Inc., its promotional agents and Contest co-sponsors are not responsible for illegible, lost, delayed or misdirected mail, errors in faxes or shipments, busy phone signals, or incomplete entries.
Grand Prize (BurdaStyle Community Choice First Place): (One) Grand Prize winner will receive a $100 USD gift card to Hart’s Fabric, 3 yards of fabric from Spoonflower of the winner’s choosing, a $50 USD gift card to MOO that can be used toward the purchase of 40 postcards or 100 business cards, a fabric assortment from B&J Fabrics selected by BurdaStyle, Inc. (approximately $550 USD in value), and a limited edition BurdaStyle tote bag.
BurdaStyle Community Choice Runner-Up: (One) runner-up will receive a $100 USD gift card to MOO that can be used toward the purchase of 80 postcards or 200 business cards, and a limited edition BurdaStyle tote bag.
BurdaStyle Favorite: (One) lucky winner will receive a travel iron.
The Prizes are non-transferable. There may be no other substitutions of prizes by winner. However, BurdaStyle, Inc. reserves the right to substitute similar prizes of equal or greater value in the event the above prize is unavailable for any reason. Individual, parent or legal guardian of winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes with respect to entire prize.
Unforeseen Events: BurdaStyle, Inc. reserves the right to change this Contest at its sole discretion at any time that BurdaStyle, Inc. become aware of any circumstances or occurrence which would materially affect the Contest security or fairness. BurdaStyle, Inc. reserves the right to announce any Contest rules changes over the air, in print or posters. (BurdaStyle, Inc. is not responsible for the inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason.)
1 Post Sign in to add a post
thanks so much mbuchanan1! i will be sure to use a press cloth -cotton maybe or silk, a…
Hello! I think there are some problems from your sewing machine, learn more at my webs…
Always use a press cloth. You can buy press cloth at fabric store, but I prefer using …
Those sizes are for tall sizing. Size 80 corresponds to your size 14. You’ll need to …
I already liked this on Facebook and their surprises are much awaited. –