1 / 2

I based this on a combination of the Burda 8186bur suit trousers pattern and a pair of jeans I got in europe. The fly was a learning experience. I wanted it to be kind of a tab button fly but didn’t have a pattern for that, so I just made it up as I went. It’s a little awkward and off center, but it fits nicely. The knees are darted for a work pant look and the front pockets were added on instead of (as the burda pattern suggests) having them side slits. Once done, I realized the fabric didn’t have enough stretch in it and the crotch seam was pulling apart whenever I rode my bike. I added a “riding patch” over the main seam to keep it from wearing.