BurdaStyle

Img_2644_large

1 / 1362

Since the beginning of this year, I have been sewing my wedding dress, which is in fact a two-piece – a lace blouse and a skirt. I have made several muslins before starting with my actual fabric, cause I am not a very experienced sewer. I have made two different skirts – one long with a train for the day of the ceremony, and one pencil skirt for the party with friends. The blouse is sewn mostly by hand, except for 6 french seams on the sides and sleeves. The biggest challenge for me was the button closure on the back of the blouse. Finally I found some almost transparent ribbon for reinforcement, tiny cute flower shaped buttons in a tiny unknown shop in Nyon, and elastic cord for the button loops (after having tried all the other options!). Our wedding is due on June 22, and the dress finally starts to take shape!

Close