BurdaStyle

Ser_large

1 / 3

Alison – Burdastyle #BS-002/2009

I skipped using proper swimsuit material as usual, and instead I just used a purple stretch knit remnant I found in the thrift store as lining for the whole inside body, and a floral stretch polyester for a bargain from the sewing store for the outer body. The degree of stretch in the fabrics weren’t as much as I expected, so it may appear tight, and also to fit my slightly longer than average torso I had to draft a few extra inches length. Can you tell the print is upside down at the front and sideways at the back; I forgot about placement, but I hadn’t actually realised it was a subtle one-directional print while I was busy trying to use every available inch left of the remnant lol. I also added extra length to the leg openings to make a boy leg. I used zig zag stitch just fine. The purple knit can ladder due to the pulling tension if you’re not careful. I accidentally put holes in some of the edging/binding around the lower back, so I sewed the back strap in place lower, exactly over the areas I ruined. However there’s a possibility of being vulnerable to showing more side boob now lol. Location: Milford Beach

Close