Learn How SIMPLE
Digital Patterns Really Are!

Sign Up to Receive
The Ultimate Guide to Digital Sewing Patterns eBook + a FREE Skirt Pattern!

Danielle for Me

Added Jun 26, 2012

by pixiesam

Berkhamsted, Uni...






I’ve had the fabric I used for this dress in my stash for a while and haven’t really known what to do with it. I thought I wanted a dress…… but I only had one metre (why did I only buy 1 metre?!)

I used virtually every scrap of the fabric I had to make this dress, and had to make some alterations to the pattern to make it possible. Firstly I omitted the sleeves, which I would have done no matter how much fabric I had. Then I redrafted the bodice front, changing the darts to princess seams, which allowed me to cut the bodice in pieces and fit it all onto my fabric.

I changed the back zip to a side seam zip, as I didn’t have a long enough zip to hand. I think I like it better like that anyway.

The bodice is fully lined (with my “muslin” – which I had to make a couple of minor alterations to and was made from fabric from an old skirt I unsuccessfully made).

Armholes are finished with navy satin bias tape.

Material Notes

John Kaldor French Crepe Fabric – Navy.
Width 145cm.
100% Polyester.




Spring, Summer
Garment Type
Business, Casual

2 Comments Sign in to add a post

  • 20170310_191639_large

    Jun 26, 2012, 10.12 AMby Mary Athey

    Lovely dress and.fabric. well done.on using the 1meter to full effect x

    1 Reply
    • Cupcake_large

      Jun 26, 2012, 12.40 PMby pixiesam

      Thank you! I really did use ALL the fabric!

  • Inge_large

    Jun 26, 2012, 09.58 AMby swinge1984

    What a beautifull dress. Well done, making it out of just 1 mtr! It is really pretty fabric, I can see why you wanted to make a dress. You look good in it!

    1 Reply
    • Cupcake_large

      Jun 26, 2012, 12.40 PMby pixiesam

      Thank you, I’m really pleased with it.

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Add to Favorites 5 people added it

This project is based on