Learn How SIMPLE
Digital Patterns Really Are!

Sign Up to Receive
The Ultimate Guide to Digital Sewing Patterns eBook + a FREE Skirt Pattern!

I’m a beginner to intermediate sewer and I know how to do shirring on a dress or shirt, but I was looking online and came across this dress

linktext http://www.outerdress.com/shirred-bust-contrast-color-belt-dress-pd-08104-0.html

claiming to be a shirred bust dress. I’ve looked all over online and I can’t find any tutorials or explainations for this kind of vertical elastic bust. I’d really like to make this kind of dress bust but I’m unsure how.

Is it just gathered with elastic at the top and bottom? Or is there really shirring under the material?


1 Post Sign in to add a post

  • Dsc00015_large

    Jun 15, 2013, 01.03 PMby pamchar

    Hi, I think this is gathered at the top and bottom over a piece of underlining. If there is elastic, it’s only at the top part. Hope it helped you, good luck!

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts