Learn How SIMPLE
Digital Patterns Really Are!

Sign Up to Receive
The Ultimate Guide to Digital Sewing Patterns eBook + a FREE Skirt Pattern!

I had never heard of such machines until recently. I believe they do a specific task such a “transverse seam” the seam commonly found in jeans, and other things, however does anyone know more about these? Iin recent youtube videos i’ve seen that they have a special attachment that looks like a sewing machine foot, it looks twisted, im assuming thats what makes the mentioned seam. Is there any way to replicate this seam? (other than the flat-felled method) It would be great to know a little bit more about them :)


1 Post Sign in to add a post

  • Img_2020_large

    Oct 12, 2013, 01.03 AMby Deanna31

    Its just a fancy way of doing regular seams, sometimes without overlocking. It does a chain stitch. We always have problems with chain stitch at work – Its always snapping and then completely unravelling and our customers are always bringing their garments to us to get them fixed. Chain stitch is good for when mistakes are made, because its so easy to unpick, but I think normal stitching is more secure. As for all the other fancy, fold the fabric over while stitching – nobody can tell from the outside. So I wouldn’t worry about getting one

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts