Learn How SIMPLE
Digital Patterns Really Are!

Sign Up to Receive
The Ultimate Guide to Digital Sewing Patterns eBook + a FREE Skirt Pattern!

We are developing what people call a “capelet” in English, but we are wondering how to translate the term into French. It is, kind of, French, but in French, we don’t tend to use the term “capelet”. One possibility is a “pèlerine”, but this is usually worn over a coat rather than a blouse, and traditionally incorporates fur. Any other ideas?


2 Posts Sign in to add a post

  • Photoge01_large

    Oct 21, 2011, 12.45 AMby gedwoods

    OK, I was asking around at the fashion school in Quebec City and I got my answer – in French, a capelet is called a “capeline”!

    Hmmmm, i should add this one to the fabrics international wiki :)

  • Photoge01_large

    Oct 22, 2011, 04.37 PMby gedwoods

    Hmmm, they called me back to tell me that “capeline”, after all, is a type of hair style. We have to make do with “petite cape” or “little cape” instead! Too bad, I liked “capeline” a lot! :)

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts