Threading a Serger
At a glance
Video Duration: 8 minutes 56 seconds
You’ll love this video if:
- You are unsure of how to thread a serger
- You keep threading your serger incorrectly
- You are constantly having to re-thread your serger
You will Learn:
- How to follow the thread guide found on your serger
- Where to find the upper and lower loopers
- How to quickly switch spools or colors without re-threading the machine
- How to thread each of the straight-stitch needles
Add to Cart
In this video, Denise Wild will show you how to thread a serger using 4 spools of thread. The different threads can be confusing to follow at first, but once you get an idea of each thread’s purpose, you’ll be able to thread your serger with ease! Multiple threads are necessary for securing the seam properly as you serge.
Watch a sneak peak!
About the Expert:
Sewing expert, magazine editor, and author Denise Wild is the Founder of LoveSewing and The Sewing Studio and the Content Director of BurdaStyle. Denise started teaching sewing classes in her Toronto apartment in 2004, and those classes evolved into The Sewing Studio New York, now one of North America’s leading sewing schools. Denise is the Editorial Director of BurdaStyle US magazine, and has worked as a magazine editor since 2000 for top national publications including FLARE, House & Home, Faze, and ANOKHI. Denise wrote the popular sewing reference book Mend & Make Fabulous, and has written for numerous publications and networks including Hello!, Elle, HGTV, W Network, Glow, Elevate, Chatelaine, and Slice.
Add to Cart