How to sew the Men’s Linen Jacket
At a glance
Video Duration: 2 Hours and 47 minutes
You’ll love this video if:
- You would like detailed instruction for constructing the Men’s Linen Jacket
- You want to learn how to sew jackets and coats
- You want to watch a video that incorporates multiple sewing techniques in one garment
You will Learn:
- How to sew a professional welt pocket
- How to properly sew patch pockets
- How to sew collars and cuffs in a lined garment
- The right way to sew a jacket lining
Add to Cart
In this detailed video tutorial, presenter Meg Healy will guide you through the process of sewing a dapper menswear staple: The BurdaStyle Men’s Linen Jacket. In this video, you’ll learn how to sew professional welt pockets and patch pockets, how to sew collars and cuffs, and how to sew a professional fully lined garment.Whether you are new to sewing menswear, jackets, or would simply like to advance your current sewing skills, this video is a great place to start. This video will teach you a number of skills that you will use again and again when sewing garments.
Watch a sneak peak!
Try it out:
About the Expert:
Meg Healy began to sew at the age of 12, where she began experimenting with fabric and seams on her Brother little domestic sewing machine. Studying at both Fanshawe College and Parsons the New School for Design in NYC, Meg gained the technical skills in pattern making and advanced sewing that led to a number of awards for her design and construction skills. Before becoming the Online Editor of BurdaStyle.com Meg worked as a pattern making intern for Vera Wang. Meg also launched her own highly unique clothing line consisting of fashion-forward spandex leggings in 2010.
Add to Cart