How to Sew the BurdaStyle Bustier Top
At a glance
Video Duration: 53 minutes
You’ll love this video if:
- You want an in-depth tutorial for sewing the Bustier Top
- You’d like to learn a variety of professional sewing techniques
- You are interested in techniques used in bridal wear and lingerie
You will Learn:
- How to adjust seam allowances for smooth curves
- How to use a pressing ham to avoid ironing creases into the garment
- How to sew boning and hook and eyes
Add to Cart
In this video, Becky MacKinnon will show you how to sew the retro style Bustier Top from start to finish. You’ll learn how install boning, how to sew a hook and eye closure, how to properly line the garment and more. Sewing this pretty top will teach you a number of advanced sewing skills. This pattern requires little fabric but makes a major impact with the finished product!
Watch a sneak peak!
Try it out:
About the Expert:
Becky MacKinnon has been teaching sewing for 4 years at The Sewing Studio and instructs a number of webinars and videos for Burdastyle. She has dipped her feet into just about everything in the fashion industry. From couture to sports wear to accessories to pet apparel, she’s sewn it all- and has probably taught someone else how to sew it too! With her broad and technical background Becky has helped many new fashion designers launch their brands and has inspired a love for sewing in students of all ages.
Add to Cart