How to Accommodate Your Pattern for Stretch Fabrics
At a glance
Video Duration: 5 minutes 42 seconds
You’ll love this video if:
- You want to sew a pattern designed for woven fabrics in a knit
- You don’t want to be limited to special knitwear patterns
- You want to know more about pattern drafting for stretch fabrics
You will Learn:
- How to remove darts from a woven pattern
- How to measure and make necessary seam adjustments
- How and why to true your new seams before sewing
Add to Cart
In this video, Meg Healy will show you how to modify the measurements of a woven garment pattern to be sewn with stretch fabrics. Knitwear has the ability to expand and stretch when worn, so specific adjustments are required to maintain the desired fit of a garment. This video will show you the basics for getting a great fit with knits!
Watch a sneak peak!
Try it out:
About the Expert:
Meg Healy began to sew at the age of 12, where she began experimenting with fabric and seams on her Brother little domestic sewing machine. Studying at both Fanshawe College and Parsons the New School for Design in NYC, Meg gained the technical skills in pattern making and advanced sewing that led to a number of awards for her design and construction skills. Before becoming the Online Editor of BurdaStyle.com Meg worked as a pattern making intern for Vera Wang. Meg also launched her own highly unique clothing line consisting of fashion-forward spandex leggings in 2010.
Add to Cart