Collars, Cowls and Necklines: Pattern Drafting Techniques for Customizing the Neckline of Any Style
At a glance
Learn how to design your own made-to-measure collars to fit any pattern
Learn how to add cowls to the neckline or back of a garment
Find out about the types of interfacing to use for different styles and fabrics
Add to Cart
An eye catching neckline can transform the look of an otherwise simple garment with just a few added steps. Whether you are sewing coats, jackets, or everyday tops, a stylish collar adorning the neckline of a garment adds a sophisticated finish. For a softer feel, flatter the bustline with a fluid, feminine cowl neck. In this webinar, you’ll learn how to draft a variety of collar styles, as well as drafting cowl necklines of varying depths. You’ll even learn how to modify the new BurdaStyle Dress sloper to make your own basic jacket foundation. This web seminar comes just in time for fall, the perfect season for showing off your chic new jackets and tops!
What you’ll learn:
- How to to draft these classic collar styles: Flat Collar, Notched Collar, Shawl Collar, Peter Pan Collar, and Mandarin Collar
- How to draft a cowl
- How to draft a collar to fit an existing pattern
- How to draft a collar to fit your neck measurements
- How to adjust an ill-fitting collar
- Which interfacing to use for your collar
- How to adjust the BurdaStyle Dress Sloper for drafting jackets and coats
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone interested in adding collars and cowls to their patterns
- Anyone wanting to learn more about pattern drafting
- Those with a basic understanding of patterns and sewing
- This web seminar is best suited to sewers who are comfortable reading patterns and have a basic understanding of clothing construction.
About the Instructor:
Alana Walsh is a fashion design graduate and the Assistant Editor of BurdaStyle US Magazine. A long-time sewer and fashion enthusiast, Alana has worked in costume design for theatre and film; designed uniforms for sports teams; and started her own line of made-to-measure knitwear designs. Alana’s diverse experience in the fashion industry has given her unique insight into patternmaking and design, which she is excited to share with the BurdaStyle community!
This is a recording of a previously presented, powerpoint-style live-streamed web seminar.
BurdaStyle does not offer any refunds for web seminar recordings. All sales are final. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the content of the recording.
Add to Cart