Changing the Skirt Silhouette From Straight to A-Line
At a glance
Video Duration: 5 minutes 4 seconds
You’ll love this video if:
- You want to add flare to a straight skirt pattern
- You want to learn more about moving and manipulating darts
- You want to learn a useful and versatile pattern drafting technique
You will Learn:
- How to pivot double waist darts to the hem of a skirt
- How to use the pivot method to adjust dart placement
- How to trace out your new pattern piece correctly
Add to Cart
When sewing with stretch fabrics, a special stitch is required that stretches with the garment, and doesn’t result in popped stitches. She will show you how to create an A-line silhouette by closing the waist darts of a skirt and moving them to the hem, adding fullness and flare.
Watch a sneak peak!
About the Expert:
Meg Healy began to sew at the age of 12, where she began experimenting with fabric and seams on her Brother little domestic sewing machine. Studying at both Fanshawe College and Parsons the New School for Design in NYC, Meg gained the technical skills in pattern making and advanced sewing that led to a number of awards for her design and construction skills. Before becoming the Online Editor of BurdaStyle.com Meg worked as a pattern making intern for Vera Wang. Meg also launched her own highly unique clothing line consisting of fashion-forward spandex leggings in 2010.
Add to Cart