Basic Patternmaking and Drafting Tools
At a glance
Video Duration: 3 minutes 28 seconds
You’ll love this video if:
- You want to learn to modify pattern styles
- You want to create your own unique fashion designs
- You want to to know more about the tools required for drafting
You will Learn:
- About the different types of paper for drafting and tracing
- Which rulers to use for different curves on the body
- About other tools used to streamline the drafting process
Add to Cart
n this video Meg Healy will discuss the standard tools used for pattern drafting, and highlight their individual benefits and uses. Patternmaking is a great skill for sewers to have, allowing endless creativity when it comes to making your own garments.
Watch a sneak peak!
About the Expert:
Meg Healy began to sew at the age of 12, where she began experimenting with fabric and seams on her Brother little domestic sewing machine. Studying at both Fanshawe College and Parsons the New School for Design in NYC, Meg gained the technical skills in pattern making and advanced sewing that led to a number of awards for her design and construction skills. Before becoming the Online Editor of BurdaStyle.com Meg worked as a pattern making intern for Vera Wang. Meg also launched her own highly unique clothing line consisting of fashion-forward spandex leggings in 2010.
Add to Cart