Adjusting The Thread Tension on Your Serger
At a glance
Video Duration: 5 minutes 16 seconds
You’ll love this video if:
- You are new to using a serger
- You are having trouble finding the correct tension settings
- You want to know how to adjust your serger for different fabrics
- You want to sew with knits and stretch fabrics
Techniques Demonstrated in this Video:
- How to identify the thread placement for a 4-thread serger
- What seams should look like with the correct tension adjustments
- How to figure out which thread is causing tension problems
- When to adjust your tension
Add to Cart
In this video, Denise Wild will demonstrate one of the most important things to know about operating a serger: how to adjust the thread tension. Having the correct tension settings on your machine will ensure a smooth, even seam finish. She’ll show you how to follow the thread guide on your serger to thread the machine perfectly every time!
Watch a sneak peak!
About the Expert:
Sewing expert, magazine editor, and author Denise Wild is the Founder of LoveSewing and The Sewing Studio and the Content Director of BurdaStyle. Denise started teaching sewing classes in her Toronto apartment in 2004, and those classes evolved into The Sewing Studio New York, now one of North America’s leading sewing schools. Denise is the Editorial Director of BurdaStyle US magazine, and has worked as a magazine editor since 2000 for top national publications including FLARE, House & Home, Faze, and ANOKHI. Denise wrote the popular sewing reference book Mend & Make Fabulous, and has written for numerous publications and networks including Hello!, Elle, HGTV, W Network, Glow, Elevate, Chatelaine, and Slice.
Add to Cart