NEW BurdaStyle
Best of Blogging List!

Subscribe to our FREE digital newsletter and
receive the new Top 50 Bloggers List for
sewing, fashion and craft enthusiasts!


A strong seam which is stitched on both sides of the fabric to enclose all of the raw edges.

1 Comment Sign in to add a post

  • 236397bf326085ed704ee50165ca40ddbbf607dd_large

    Dec 6, 2011, 11.49 PMby kathleens

    Strangely enough, in French it is “couture d’anglaise”, an “English Seam”. :)

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post