Twill tape is a sort of "ribbon" that's woven in such a way that the yarns form a herringbone or diagonal pattern. It's often made of cotton, but can be made of almost any fiber, depending on what it's going to be used for. In home sewing, we find cotton twill tape in the notions section of the fabric store, usually prepackaged in 3-yard lengths. It can come in lots of different widths, but for us, a width of 1/4" or 3/8' is the most useful. You'll find it in white, and sometimes, black. (But on my last trip to a great notions place in New York, I saw it in dozens of colors.)


    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post