Added Apr 5, 2011
1. Follow skirt pattern, skipping zipper insertion (just seam up where that zipper would go), and stopping before the waistband step
2. Pull on skirt, inside out if possible (you may need to rip a few seams)
3. Standing in front of a mirror, use the chalk to outline the bottom of your belly. At the side seams, mark the top of your hip bones
4. Return to your work station and using your straight edge, make sure your curve is centered and relatively symmetrical and adjust as needed. Also check your hip marks—make adjustments so they are also symmetrical
5. Using the chalk, extend the belly curve to the two hip marks you made, so you have a solid chalk line from the right side seam to the left side seam, with the lowest point being in the exact center
6. Flip the skirt over and, using the straight edge, extend the chalk line across the backside from hip mark to hip mark
Pattern of the Week
Everyone needs a basic and elegant blouse to wear everyday, and this one could not be easier to sew!
Find your favorite fantasy silhouette in body-skimming satin and frothy tulle.
Member Project of the Week
Jaderbug is set to stun with a sequined mermaid skirt.
Sparkling styles for every fashionista in the premiere Winter 2014 issue of BurdaStyle US!
Learn how to to make a pair of leggings from start to finish in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.