Added Feb 20, 2010
This is what you'll need to cut:
1. For the outside of the bag: cut 2 pieces of 35 x 32 cm and one long piece of 7 x 103 cm from the main fabric. / / /
2. For the pocket on the outside: cut one piece of 35 x 27 cm from main fabric and two pieces for the flap, one from main fabric and one from lining fabric. How to cut the flap piece is shown in the next picture. / / /
3. For the buckle straps: You need a buckle, and metal eyelets. Cut 2 pieces of 24 x 4(*) cm and two pieces of 20 x 4(*) cm from the main fabric. (*) The width of the straps depends on the size of the buckle. Measure the inner width of your buckle and add seam allowance for the total width of your straps. / / /
4. For the pockets on the inside: you need one zipper of 25 cm. Cut one piece of 44 x 35 cm and one piece of 35 x 32 cm of lining fabric, cut one piece of 35 x 32 cm of main fabric. / / /
5. For the inside of the bag: cut 2 pieces of 35 x 32 cm and one piece of 7 x 103 cm from the lining fabric. / / /
6. For the bag's zipper closure: cut two pieces of 7 x 37 cm of main fabric and two similar sized pieces of lining fabric. You'll need a 35 cm zipper, preferably a zipper that you can take apart. / / /
7. For the straps you'll need two pieces of 15 x 72 cm of main fabric.
Check out Kate Middleton's stand-out spring dress
Pattern of the Week
You’ll want to wear this dress to tiki parties, spring weddings, and afternoon dates...
Sewing & Techniques
Check out Meg's Sweetheart Dress project and how she made it!
Hit the road in easy dresses, slouchy tees, and bootcut pants.
Be the face of one of our exclusive patterns on BurdaStyle.com!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.