Added Jun 12, 2008
Brooklyn, New Yo...
Make a stencil and use it to crate your own, unique print on you creation.
1. Fabric – I recommend cotton, it takes the paint very well. Always pretest a piece of your fabric and the paint according to the paint instructions to check if they “like each other”.
2. Fabric paint – I use Folk Art Fabric
3. Paint brush or air brush
4. Stencil material – I use Foam Sheets that are available in the kids crafts section of any craft store. It is very easy to transfer drawing onto them, and they are very easy to cut and clean. Other materials: Clear Film in the stencil making section.
5. Scissors or craft knife
6. Newspapers, or plastic cloth to protect working surface.
7. Adhesive spray for crafts– not that crucial
8. Computer and printer
Learn how to set your serger up for sewing a rolled hem in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
Perfect the art of sewing collars and stands, including tricks you won't find in books or patterns!
Sip cocktails by the fire in faux fur, patterned silks, and more luxurious fabrics.
Fashion & Trends
See our picks for holiday parties, from brunch to a New Year's Eve bash!
Make something special and practical for your friends and family this holiday season!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.