Added Jun 12, 2008
Brooklyn, New Yo...
Make a stencil and use it to crate your own, unique print on you creation.
1. Fabric – I recommend cotton, it takes the paint very well. Always pretest a piece of your fabric and the paint according to the paint instructions to check if they “like each other”.
2. Fabric paint – I use Folk Art Fabric
3. Paint brush or air brush
4. Stencil material – I use Foam Sheets that are available in the kids crafts section of any craft store. It is very easy to transfer drawing onto them, and they are very easy to cut and clean. Other materials: Clear Film in the stencil making section.
5. Scissors or craft knife
6. Newspapers, or plastic cloth to protect working surface.
7. Adhesive spray for crafts– not that crucial
8. Computer and printer
See how Burda members are styling pants for summer.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up
See how one of our editors gets her inspiration.
Take off with pleats, cut-outs, insets, and futuristic prints.
Fashion & Trends
The best patterns and styling tips for this summer's top pants trend.
Pattern of the Week
A tank silhouette with elasticated waist is a carefree take on the Little Black Dress
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.