Added Jun 12, 2008
Brooklyn, New Yo...
Make a stencil and use it to crate your own, unique print on you creation.
1. Fabric – I recommend cotton, it takes the paint very well. Always pretest a piece of your fabric and the paint according to the paint instructions to check if they “like each other”.
2. Fabric paint – I use Folk Art Fabric
3. Paint brush or air brush
4. Stencil material – I use Foam Sheets that are available in the kids crafts section of any craft store. It is very easy to transfer drawing onto them, and they are very easy to cut and clean. Other materials: Clear Film in the stencil making section.
5. Scissors or craft knife
6. Newspapers, or plastic cloth to protect working surface.
7. Adhesive spray for crafts– not that crucial
8. Computer and printer
Sewing & Techniques
Check out Meg's Sweetheart Dress project and how she made it!
Hit the road in easy dresses, slouchy tees, and bootcut pants.
Be the face of one of our exclusive patterns on BurdaStyle.com!
Fashion & Trends
Swoon for these gorgeous dresses straight off the runway!
Member Project of the Week
See how just a piece of sheer satin transforms this beginner friendly dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.