Added Jan 30, 2014
by E.j. Seo
Busan, Korea, Re...
Fabric choice is important to make trim.
1. Check the grain line in the picture first.
Make a 3Cm width band. (It depends on your design)
2. Pluck out 1Cm weft threads from each edge side.
3. Sew the center of the band after setting the stitch length of your machine to the highest number.
Don't cut the stiching thread shortly.
4. Pull the end of the each side of stich thread to make shirring. That's all.
5. Stich the band to anywhere you want to place it.
I recommend a documentary about designers in Chanel company.
It's so impressive video and you'll see how an old lady make trim for Chanel jacket.
She's so respectable old lady. You'll enjoy this video : )
Here's the URL.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
Fashion & Trends
See 3 dresses in new prints perfect for this season's transitional weather, plus a chance to win!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
See what pattern Meg is "mashing up" and see how you can easily sew along too!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.