Added Jan 30, 2014
by E.j. Seo
Busan, Korea, Re...
Fabric choice is important to make trim.
1. Check the grain line in the picture first.
Make a 3Cm width band. (It depends on your design)
2. Pluck out 1Cm weft threads from each edge side.
3. Sew the center of the band after setting the stitch length of your machine to the highest number.
Don't cut the stiching thread shortly.
4. Pull the end of the each side of stich thread to make shirring. That's all.
5. Stich the band to anywhere you want to place it.
I recommend a documentary about designers in Chanel company.
It's so impressive video and you'll see how an old lady make trim for Chanel jacket.
She's so respectable old lady. You'll enjoy this video : )
Here's the URL.
Enter the code EARLYBLACKFRIDAY at checkout to save
Pattern of the Week
Seams divide the front for a detail minimalists will love! (This pattern is also a part of our sale)
We have marked down 50 sewing pattern to $2.99 only until Monday, so hurry!
Our fabulous BurdaStylers of course! Today, save 30% Site-Wide With Code ThankYou14!
Satin takes the stage in this new collection of dresses, skirts, and fluttery tops.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.