Added Jan 30, 2014
by E.j. Seo
Busan, Korea, Re...
Fabric choice is important to make trim.
1. Check the grain line in the picture first.
Make a 3Cm width band. (It depends on your design)
2. Pluck out 1Cm weft threads from each edge side.
3. Sew the center of the band after setting the stitch length of your machine to the highest number.
Don't cut the stiching thread shortly.
4. Pull the end of the each side of stich thread to make shirring. That's all.
5. Stich the band to anywhere you want to place it.
I recommend a documentary about designers in Chanel company.
It's so impressive video and you'll see how an old lady make trim for Chanel jacket.
She's so respectable old lady. You'll enjoy this video : )
Here's the URL.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Check out Meg's latest mash up and see other BurdaStyle member's variations!
Sporty dresses, oversized cardigans, and easy tops in jersey and knits.
Pattern of the Week
This boho lace top is the perfect piece to start wearing this time of year.
NEW on BurdaStyle Videos!
Becky MacKinnon will guide you through each step of sewing the stylish BurdaStyle Crossover Pant
How to Grow Your Creative Business: Expand Your Portfolio and Reach a New Market
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.