Added Sep 20, 2011
1. Place a big bucket in a working sink or on the driveway where spillage doesn't matter.
2. Fill bucket with 1 part warm water to 1 part bleach -enough to cover the jeans.
3. Place jeans in bucket and let saturate completely. You need only bleach the upper half of the jeans if you are making jean short cutoffs.
4. Let jeans soak in the bleach until they have turned white completely. 10-20 minutes.
5. Do not leave the jeans for longer, they will become destroyed by the bleach.
6. Take jeans out of bucket and rinse with cold water.
7. Dump the bucket
8. Let jeans dry completely
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Princess Seam Top, and see how she made it into a dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.