Added Sep 20, 2011
1. Place a big bucket in a working sink or on the driveway where spillage doesn't matter.
2. Fill bucket with 1 part warm water to 1 part bleach -enough to cover the jeans.
3. Place jeans in bucket and let saturate completely. You need only bleach the upper half of the jeans if you are making jean short cutoffs.
4. Let jeans soak in the bleach until they have turned white completely. 10-20 minutes.
5. Do not leave the jeans for longer, they will become destroyed by the bleach.
6. Take jeans out of bucket and rinse with cold water.
7. Dump the bucket
8. Let jeans dry completely
Member Project of the Week
Suzeb's superhero inspired swimsuit will make you want to be a kid again!
Get 9 patterns specially picked for shorter stitchers.
See how Burda members are styling pants for summer.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up
See how one of our editors gets her inspiration.
Take off with pleats, cut-outs, insets, and futuristic prints.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.