I am from Greece where women are usually a little curvier, especially in the bottom area... What I've learned all these years of trying to turn my flaw into a benefit is that the classic pants are not very flattering for any body type. So I always have to make this little alteration to all pants patterns in order to divide each back piece into two. Unfortunatelly I don't know how this type of pants is called, I would be greatful if someone of you informed me how this little piece of fabric is called.

Technique Materials

hip curve ruller

5 Comments Sign in to add a post

  • Tree_profile_large

    Jan 27, 2011, 12.00 PMby tobogon

    It was an excellent technique. I had never quite thought about that part of the pants having anything to do with fit before. This was very enlightening :)

    1 Reply
    • Missing

      Jan 31, 2011, 06.35 PMby inesgr

      thank you very much!!! i hope you enjoyed!!

  • 1014094_10152652215983709_1627797358_n_large

    Aug 3, 2010, 02.48 PMby mitmit

    I’ve often heard of that little piece being referred to as a “saddleback”?

  • 958f82a55d1f911aea11daf7f2e4e6295bbe805d_large

    Jul 16, 2010, 08.41 PMby bohemiannow

    Γεια σου! Eίναι ωραία να βρίσκεις πατριώτες εδώ! Τρομερή τεχνική, ευχαριστούμε!

    1 Reply
    • Missing

      Jul 20, 2010, 03.25 PMby inesgr

      Σ’ευχαριστω πολυ!! Πραγματικα είναι μια πολυ ευχαριστη εκπληξη!!! Συγχαρητήρια και για τις όμορφες δημιουργίες σου!!! Πολύ θηλυκα ρούχα!!!

  • Missing

    Jul 12, 2010, 04.35 AMby perifecto

    You are correct that this technique of adding a yoke makes pants more flattering with a better fit on nearly every woman. It adds a place for adjustments that most classic pants try to manage with darts. I bought some slacks with a yoke about one year ago that fit quite well and I look forward to using your technique on one of my patterns.

  • Avtatar2_large

    Jul 10, 2010, 08.51 PMby seemane

    The “small piece” that you have created is called a YOKE :)

    Yoke Photo

    1 Reply
    • Missing

      Jul 11, 2010, 08.27 AMby inesgr

      Thank you very very much!!! It is so kind of you to help me. Hope that you liked my technique!!!

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post