1 / 23348

This is Burda 11/2014, models 110 and 111 (the length is somewhere in between the two models, I think I increased the shorter version by 5 inches). I cut a straight 38, which for Burda coats fits me very well. I didn’t need to make a muslin because I tried out a size 40 made by a friend and knew 38 would work well.

The shawl is gigantic – in a nice way! I decided to use 3 big snaps as closures – 2 at waist level and one a bit lower down in the front. There’s an additional snap (the black one) for extra warmth, so I can close the collar a bit more.

I also added pockets. I interfaced the whole front and the collar, as well as the hems.