1 / 15259

Simplicity 1280, one of their new patterns for fall. I made my first attempt to test the size and style out of an IYT knit I had. It’s very “fall” even if the print isn’t quite me. It came together very easily, but I did have some bulk issues when turning under the front part of the hem for the elastic casing, and with the layers at the neck binding. I think I would have been better served to grade the seam rather than serge. I hand stitched the back portion of the binding, rather than stitching in the ditch, because I stink at that skill and feel like it looks sloppy. Being a polyester with high spandex count, this did not press well at all. That doesn’t matter much except at the neck binding. I would like it to be more crisp.