1 / 529
There were no specific patterns in my inventory to create the look I wanted for a jumpsuit. With this project there were several alterations and visions to achieve the finished look:
The pants were a combination of 2 patterns: I superimposed the top of a draped skirt pattern on a basic pant pattern block . The pants were tapered in by 2 inches for a slimmer leg.
The top half of jumpsuit was used with Vogue 8646. I added 2 pleats on shoulders and omitted back darts. The separate facing around the front of bodice was omitted and I added a knit interfacing and used a self facing instead. Bishop sleeves were drafted using one of the many pattern making (flat and draped) books in my studio. I started with a basic sleeve pattern, cut and slash the sleeves, increased the bottom length by an 1". Instead of an elastic closing on the sleeve, I used a 4" band.
To view more pictures and details, visit www.3degreesdb.com