BurdaStyle

Dsc_0199_large

1 / 3867

I finally finished this dress! I had intended to make it earlier in the year for an island holiday but only when I put in the zip did I realise that I’d put on weight and it didn’t fit. I tried it on before heading to Waikiki and it fit! So I hemmed it and packed it!

The dress was relatively easy, just the cross o era at the back were a bit tricky, but I followed the diagram. I also found that having both pleats and gathers at the front was a bit usual, but it adds volume and makes it nice and lose over the bottom section. I also would advise against the instructions suggesting viscose crepe, which is semi-synthetic in favour of a cotton fabric.

Please excuse the dress not sitting well in the picture of the back. Hubby did not draw it to my attention!

Close