2 / 549
I’m so proud of this dress! It was really my first time using a commercial pattern and I think it turned out well! I used McCall’s M6959 view A (that I got for $2 on sale) and watermelon print quilters cotton for the fabric ($3 a yard!). The fabric came in a 23 inch width, instead of the standard 27, so I just bought a bit more fabric than the pattern called for, and all worked out. The dress is a wrap style, so no zippers or buttons to worry about, which made construction a breeze. My only real fit issues were in the bodice, which in turn made the sleeves wonky, but I was able to fix that with some slight gathering. It really is the most professional looking thing that I’ve done so far, which makes me love it more!