BurdaStyle

Front_large

2 / 49

I needed a new skirt, something good for work and also for casual parties with friends. I had a huge left over of a beautiful raspberry coloured silk taffeta I used few years ago to make cushions for my new sofa :-O… and decided to use them for my skirt!
I took the pattern of a tulip skirt from Burda September 2007, #116B, and altered it a bit to add a silvery “passepoil” along the belt seam and the italian pockets. This is a good way to emphasize the details of a garment, and so easy to do with a simple bias. I also finished the inner seam allowance on the back seam with grey bias. This gives a nice finish as well as the hand sewn hems!

Close