1 / 1786

This is the Kielo wrap dress by Named patterns, sewn up slightly too small (I cut out the correct size but neglected to add seam allowances). My fabric was quite sheer by itself, so I lined it with a lining fabric that’s a reasonably close match to the background colour of the print – hopefully this helps the lining to blend in. The ties are supposed to be made from the same fabric as the dress, but in the interests of saving as much of the lovely print fabric as possible (I may be able to make a top with the leftovers) and with the Jungle January theme in mind I instead used some cotton webbing. The only other changes I made to the pattern were to raise the shoulders, to overcome my fabric’s fraying and stretching out, and to take a few centimetres off the length to bring the dress up slightly from maxi length.

More sewing details and lots more photos here.