1 / 171
For the last 4 weeks or so, I’ve been pattern testing the Valencia Tunic for Mouse House Creations. I haven’t done much testing before, so this was an interesting experience for me. It had a ton of revisions, but in the end we got there!
I originally wanted to have lace in the yoke, but the store by me only stocks lace that is over $80 p/yard so…. no lace for me! Instead, I decided to break up the sections with piping. I’m not entirely sure how I feel about it. The piping probably makes it look a little too junior — though I do plan to do a Mara blouse for my 3 y/o using the same fabric and piping, so I figured I’d make it like a mommy and me outfit.
The way the yoke hits my bust is a bit odd. Not sure if this was the pattern, the piping, my sewing, or a combination of all three things. I’m thinking this pattern just might not be great for the flat chested!
Overall, it was a somewhat easy sew. The tricky parts were in attaching the bodice to the yoke (the lighter weight fabrics are easier for this step), and the collar (the instructions are for adding the collar last, but if I make it again, I would do the collar first by sandwiching between the yoke and then assembling the rest of the tunic.