1 / 43

Empire Waist Nightie – Burdastyle 12/2014 #124

Last year I dip-dyed a white broderie anglaise cotton remnant from the thrift-store to pink, but the color came out uneven in places, however I still used it to make this summery night dress. I also used one of my vintage cotton remnants for making the frilly trim, and piping (which isn’t very prominent but no worries), a fine lightweight cotton in lemon. I made the tube-bows a bit thicker than they were meant to be, and I placed them in the wrong place as I realized later, but I think they look alright at the bottom of the bust so I’ll leave them there. I couldn’t get the yellow frills uniform/perfectly even, neither in the cut nor in the gathering of them, but no one will notice lol. Location: Muri Beach