1 / 5881
My dad recently did some spring cleaning, and I had first picks of what he chose to give away. One of the shirts I took to refashion was this lovely, peach-striped button down made out of a linen blend. I knew I wanted to make a pair of shorts out of them, and chose to use McCall’s M6843
view A. Because the fabric already had a bit of bulk and yardage restrictions, I went sans pockets. Also due to fabric restrictions, I didn’t have enough on the shirt to make the shorts with the pattern as-is. To make it fit, I found the middle of each pattern piece, cut, and added seam allowance, making a panel on the side of each leg. With a bit of strategic pattern placing and matching (pretty great for my first time, if I don’t say so myself), I was able to squeeze some shorts out of that shirt. I cut a straight medium, and definitely want to make the pattern again, but make the waist a bit higher, as these seem to hit in a slightly awkward place.